Friday, September 28, 2012

Almost Ready


We have 17 days till practice starts and the guys are very fired up to get going.  We as coaches are ready also.  It always takes some time to organize how you want your practices to go and to get plenty of work in and at the same time let everyone have their opportunity to show what they can do. 

I am ready for a fun weekend this week.  Every year my 3 college roommates and I go to an Iowa Hawkeye football game.  This is our weekend.  One of the guys can’t go, but Al Anderson, who lives in Des Moines, has an RV and we go a night early and prepare for the tailgating the next morning.  Our Hawks to this point, are not real good.  I think it will be tough to go 4-4 in the Big Ten.

I love my job as I feel I don’t work a day in my life.  I love my job, but the worst part of my job really takes a lot of work.  The worst part is scheduling.  Now that we are down to 8 schools in our league, we have to get 11 non conference games.  It is very difficult to get all these games to work out.  It takes a lot of phone time and wait time on other teams making decisions.  I am almost done for next year, but still a ways to go.  Every school has their own agenda.

Go Beavers!!!

Coach VH

No comments:

Post a Comment