Monday, October 8, 2012

One Week to Go


We are anxiously waiting for next Monday at 7:00.  We can then get our guys on the floor and develop as a team.  The older I get, the more I look forward to getting started.  I guess that is a good sign.  If it was opposite, I guess it would be time to quit.  These young kids energize me.  They have such high hope, have a lot of energy, and love being around each other.  It makes for a lot of fun for me.

Starting in the next couple of weeks, I will introduce our new faces in the program.  It is always a challenge to get our practices organized when you have 28 guys.  But in the past, the more players we have, the better our team has been.  It provides excellent competition.

It is Homecoming Week this week, and I am glad we can get that over before practice.  We had 10 of our guys volunteer their time at an event on Sunday.  It was for “Persons with Intellectual Disabilities”.  It was a Storm Lake Community event, and it was an omelette breakfast.  Our guys cooked the omelettes and did a great job.  The first omelette you make is always a little tough, but they were taught well, and they did a great job.  What I love about our players, is that they are great communicators.  They could talk to anyone while they were waiting for their breakfast and it was fun to watch them at work. 

Yes, I am still trying to finish the schedule for next year.  Tired of it, 2 to go.

I have put my golf clubs away.  Haven’t played in 3 weeks, and the weather isn’t good anyway.  I have a love-hate relationship with Fall.  I hate it, because I hate being cold, but love it, because basketball is near. 

Went out to the movie last night with my wife.  We went to Taken 2.  Excellent movie, one of the better flicks of the year.  If you like action and drama, then this is your show.  Barb and I decided we would never visit Istanbul, Turkey.  That is where the movie was taken (get it?), and I think I will visit somewhere else. 

Go Beavers!!!

Coach VH


No comments:

Post a Comment