Thursday, October 18, 2012

3 Practices Down


This is always a fun time of the year for me.  I love to see how we have improved as a team, and trying to find solutions to be a really good team fascinates me and is something I really enjoy.  There is always a player or two that comes out of the woodwork, and really surprises you, and is ready to take the next step as a player.  We have a few of those guys like that this year.  We have high expectations and look forward to a competitive year.

Fall Break is coming up, and it is a good time to really just play basketball.  We have next Monday and Tuesday away from school, and we even send home a few of our guys, especially, some of the freshmen and let them get home for a couple of days.  We have a scrimmage soon, so we need to spend a little extra time with our varsity over fall break. 

My son was supposed to run in the District Cross Country meet today, but the weather is so bad, that they were postponed to next Monday.  It has to be a really tough day outside to not run a cross country meet.  But Barb and I are thrilled as we don’t have to run around after those guys today.  We don’t practice till 7:00 tonight, so I am going to take the afternoon off, and go home and hang out today.  I haven’t done that much lately, and will try to catch up on a couple of shows that we DVR.  DVR is one of the best inventions of all time.  Can’t live without it. 

I keep putting this off, but I will start spending some time on our newcomers next time.  We have a lot of them, so I will take 3 different posts to get them taken care of.

Go Beavers!!!

Coach VH

No comments:

Post a Comment