Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Week #2 Coming Up

The guys have been working hard. We just got done with our weight training this morning, and practice at 1:00 today. Our campus is on fall break for the next 2 days, so the guys are getting some rest and still getting practice in. It is time for us to put a little push in at this point. One of my weaknesses is continuing to put new stuff in. I have to constantly remind myself that we need to keep moving forward and keep adding new things.

We are in better shape this year, with the help of our Strength and Conditioning Coach, Ron Thomson. He comes to us from Purdue, and he stays after our guys and the guys are starting to like and appreciate him. He has worked out Drew Brees, Robbie Hummell, and many other Purdue athletes, and now is doing a fantastic job for us.

We have a few injuries early on like normal, but for the first time, I have a player out for the year with and ACL injury in preseason. I had went 15 years without one. The only ACL injury I have had is Brandon Kies his junior year, and that happened about half way through the year. Troy Ticknor is out for the year and I feel very bad for him. He has come in with renewed life and is bigger and stronger. But we still need him. He needs to be a leader on our team in other ways.

We are happy with the skill level of our newcomers. Not one of them has disappointed, and quite frankly, a couple of them are a lot better than I thought. They are good guys also, and have been led very well by our seniors. Our seniors are due for an excellent year. They deserve it.

Talk Soon,

Go Beavers!!!

Coach VH

No comments:

Post a Comment