Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Welcome to Another Year

We are excited to have all of our guys back on campus and excited to get another year underway. We had 32 at our first meeting, which is a few more than normal, but we have 7 seniors, which is quite a few. We also have 8 freshmen, and a couple of transfers, so that makes our team a little bigger.

I have taken a little more responsibility this year, as I am now the Interim Athletic Director. That has taken a lot of time over the last couple of months, but I have enjoyed it and seen how things work at BVU from a little different perspective. I have learned that I like the job, but don’t love it. I love coaching and I love being around 20 yr. old kids. They keep me young and I want to be a coach, not an athletic director. I still have that burning desire to compete everyday, so I am looking forward to our season.

We have 4 different candidates coming on campus in September for the AD job, so I think we will have someone in place for sure by January 1. Then I can go back to my old office and my 47 inch TV and enjoy watching more tape.

Also a change is that our house now has 3 people in it. Courtney is a freshman at BV this year, so it is a little different having only 3 of us, and probably a little quieter. But she seems to be happy, and loves her roommate and her new friends. Personally, I am jealous of her. Her life is only beginning and she can set sail however she chooses. All of us who are in our 40’s and higher really get locked into where we can go, and what we can do, and how much money we can make. It would be a lot of fun, to start all over again and see what we could make of ourselves.

Off on a recruiting trip tomorrow, then going to Rock Island, Illinois to watch Courtney play her first college volleyball game on Friday. It will be fun and exciting.

Next time, we will talk about our new freshmen and newcomers. We have a really nice class of Frosh, and I can’t wait to see what they can accomplish.


GO Beavers!!!

Coach VH

No comments:

Post a Comment